Saturday, March 10, 2018

Aprons For Two Fish Bakery

Last week I spent a lot of my time sewing aprons.  I've mentioned before that I make aprons for Margaret at TwoFish Bakery.  I really enjoy making these aprons.  Choosing two fabrics for each apron is a big part of the fun.




This one looks like jelly beans!  I don't usually choose a solid fabric for an apron, but this blue went so well with the colorful jelly beans.




This lovely lemon fabric was left over after I made the "food baby quilt" for little GranddaughterStitches when she was first born.  



This last one is bread fabric!  I found it at my local quilt shop, The Loft.  Most appropriate for a bakery, I think.





And here is Margaret with the aprons.  She was so happy that she put on all three!



These aprons really are fun to make, especially when I get into the groove and make several.  My paper pattern is beginning to show wear though, with lots and lots of pin holes.  So I traced the pattern onto some pattern-tracing pellon.  This will make it last much longer.

* * * * *


Then on Friday I went to a quilting work day with some members of my Quilt Guild.  We were working on things to sell at our fund raisers.  And I had some Christmas fabric, so I made--guess what--more aprons!



I think they came out quite nice.  The red fabric has a very small white dot pattern on it.  The only difference in these aprons is that they have no pockets.  Margaret insists on having pockets on her aprons.  (Personally, I don't!)  But I had misplaced the pattern piece for the pockets.  I know I could have just made a square pocket, instead of the curved one in the pattern, but without pockets these aprons went together lickety-split fast!




They are all ready to be sold!




5 comments:

  1. Love these! YOU are so talented!

    I now have a source for SUPER LOW minimum organic cotton prints. and.... I was JUST last week thinking about broaching the subject of a 2Fish custom print with Margaret. What do you think of the idea?? Worth a conversation??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's an awesome idea! Let's get on it!

      Delete
  2. These are great Jan...love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the aprons and the colors look great

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Lori! I love making these aprons.

    ReplyDelete