Saturday, November 25, 2017

A Quilt For Little Hudson

I have another NieceStitches who had a baby this summer, a little gentleman named Hudson Robert.  Isn't that a nice-sounding name?  I love it!

I chose to do half-square triangles for this quilt.  What a surprise!  I paired blue and white squares for the main part of the quilt.  And I intentionally made the design off center.  You can see where I started it in a previous post.





For the back of the quilt I used two different blue fabrics.  (I think it's cute how the quilt looks with the sun shining through it.)



I used a paisley sort of design for the main part of the quilt.



 In the first border I simply quilted a wavy line of stitching all the way around.  Several trips around the quilt, to be precise!



In the white outer border I used a simple wavy line with balloons on it. . .



. . . till I came to one point and decided to try quilting Hudson's name.






I'm pretty happy with this quilt, and I can't wait to meet the little guy!


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Quilt AND you are famous:
    http://greenbaglady.blogspot.com/2017/11/bags-around-world.html

    ReplyDelete