Saturday, August 26, 2017

Half-Square Triangle Quilt

Some of you know that I love love love making and using half-square triangles!  Maybe it's something about the idea of sewing the seams and ending up with two blocks when I'm finished that turns me on.  I'm not sure.  

Anyway, I recently sewed some white squares with blue squares from my Bear Patch Bits.  

I press them four at a time, with the dark side on top.  First I press them as sewn, to set the seam, which I learned on Fons and Porter.




Then it's easy to "unfold" them and press the seam to the dark side.




Pretty ironing board cover is compliments of SisterStitches!




I put them up on my design wall, but it looked too small to me.  So I chose more blue squares, and paired a light blue square with a darker one.  Made them into HSTs, and put them around the edges of my first group of HSTs.



I like how the second group of blocks sort of "contains" the first blocks.  Now the plan is to add a white border, then bind it all up with a dark blue.  Should make a nice little baby quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment