Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Receiving Blankets

 I am pleased as punch to be making some receiving blankets.  Because that means there is going to be a new BabyStitches in our family!  SonStitches and DearDaughter-in-lawStitches are pregnant, expecting a little one in December.  I'm so excited!!!


It was a very windy day, so I had GranddaughterStitches's help in photographing these blankets outside.



One is a cute alphabet print, with a light yellow background.



 I hand-sewed the hems down with a funky little stitch that left these marks on the front side.




Another fabric I chose is from the book How Much Do I Love You?




I used a blanket stitch to hem this one.




This one is two-sided.  I followed the instructions at Missouri Star Quilt Company's Youtube site.  Here's the link.








The result is a cute receiving blanket that has a double thickness, and about a 4" contrasting border on the front side.


These cute flannels are from the same fabric line, and I found them at The Loft, my LQS.  One of the fabrics shows lots of different animals, then there are separate fabrics that use just one of those animals.  Here I chose the elephants.

3 comments:

  1. That's one lucky little granddaughter-to-be! I bet A is excited to have a new cousin on the way! I love your fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love the elephants. :) Congratulations. And, thanks for your comment, always happy to have you as part of Green Bag Lady! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! And they will be SO appreciated! The ones you buy aren't big enough!!

    ReplyDelete