Thursday, June 4, 2015

Crocheted Afghans (Not Again!)

Yes, I've been crocheting.  Again.  Still.  And I have three more baby afghans to show you.  This first one is made all from one color, a nice kind of minty color.  I simply did rows of single crochet, and occasionally put in two rows of double crochet to add a little texture.



The next two afghans might qualify to be called "patchwork."  In each of these, I used some different colors of yarn.  I started work on the one below, with the blue yarn.  After crocheting quite a few rows, I realized I had made the beginning row too long.  I knew that I wouldn't have enough yarn to make it as tall as I would like it to be for my given width. 


I was with some friends, and one of them suggested that I fill in with some other colors of yarn, which would also use up some of my random leftover pieces of yarn.  So I did just that, and ended up with a fun, "non-scripted" middle section.  I really like how it turned out, and now I have a little less leftover yarn, too!



I did the multi-colored part in the middle, then finished up with the same blue that I started with.


This is one of my favorite stitches to do.  I double crochet, then occasionally I chain one, skip a stitch, and double crochet into the next stitch.  That makes the "holes" in the afghan.


This last afghan is also of the "patchwork" variety.  I started with the yellow, then chose a few other colors, finishing up with the same yellow.  And yes, that blue in the center is what was left over from the previous afghan!


No comments:

Post a Comment