Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Bears for NieceStitches

I sewed some simple little bears for NieceStitches the other day.  (I have two nieces, and both of them are nurses!  So proud!)  This NieceStitches works in the NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit) at Sanford Medical Center in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.


On one of my recent visits, I noticed that NieceStitches's mom is sewing these, and I thought I would contribute, too.


They are simple, two-dimensional bears made out of flannel.  Just stitched and edges left raw.


Parents who have a baby in the NICU wear one of these bears under their clothes.  Then the bear is put next to the baby, so the baby can get used to the parents' scent.  Isn't that a nice idea!?!


So look for a package in the mail soon, NieceStitches!


No comments:

Post a Comment