Saturday, May 2, 2015

Afghans

Here are more afghans I've made recently.  This blue and white one was really fun.  It was a variegated yarn, which is fun to work with.


Not sure if you can tell from the photos, but it is a "fuzzy" yarn.  I did simple double crochet with an open weave stitch put in at two points in the afghan.


I like to see what kind of color pattern emerges with variegated yarn.



Another variegated yarn--this one was really fun.  Look at how often the colors change!



It was a fine yarn, and I simply used double crochet back and forth.  It wasn't boring because of the fun yarn! 




A nice bright pink yarn went into this afghan.


I added some open weave stitching randomly as I went along.  Just whenever I felt like it!





This light blue afghan used a fat and fluffy yarn.  I keep telling myself I will not buy any more fat or textured yarn, yet it keeps calling to me!  I don't particularly like using it because it is harder to work with on my crochet hook.  But the end result is very nice.


Here is a shot of the afghan that shows how I alternated double crochet with skipped stitches to create a random pattern.



Lastly, here is a nice medium blue afghan, using just regular yarn!


I used a "skip one stitch, single crochet and double crochet in the next stitch" for this one.  I really like the textured pattern it makes.


1 comment:

  1. Oh those look so cuddly! They bring back memories of my Mom crocheting all kinds of things!

    ReplyDelete