Saturday, May 18, 2013

A Doll for GranddaughterStitches


This is a doll that I made for GranddaughterStitches for her birthday.  I bought and downloaded the pattern from Retro Mama.  The directions were pretty clear and well-explained.  She has felt for her hair, the collar of her dress, and her little Mary Jane shoes.

Here she is getting ready to go in her box to GranddaughterStitches.  I hope she wasn't too uncomfortable during the journey, but I doubt it was a lot of fun for her.


The only tricky part in making her was when I sewed the body/head pieces together.  While doing that I had to stuff all four arms and legs inside that area.  It got quite crowded in there!  And then pull all four appendages out of the hole left in her side!  But I did accomplish it finally.  Whew!


I think she may have a little bit of a saucy attitude, don't you!?!

5 comments:

  1. SO wonderful. What a lucky GranddaughterStitches! I look forward to hearing what her name is. Definitely has personality! Love her hair-do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Harmony, I don't think her hair will get messed up at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is darling Jan, I'm sure she LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete