Thursday, January 10, 2013

Embroidered Ornaments

Last year I made a set of these ornaments for a dear friend.  This year I made another set for Dear Daughter-In-LawStitches.  She was so happy to receive them.  And they are such fun to stitch.  

Here is the set of four.

The first one is the creche scene.

Creche.

 The second one is Santa flying over the rooftops.

Santa over rooftops.

Then there is the Christmas tree.  Looks a little like Charlie Brown might have chosen 
this one, doesn't it.


And finally, the snowman, complete with carrot nose.


Snowman.

I made these using tea-dyed muslin, from a Bare Roots pattern.  I like how well the white snowman stands out against the darker background. 

They are quite small, the square ones being about 4 or 5 inches square, and the larger ones about 4" by 6".  Maybe one of these days I'll make some for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment