Saturday, May 5, 2012

What I Did For Earth Day

 I know I'm way behind in blog posts, and I apologize for that.  So I'll try to do a little catching up now.  Starting with Earth Day in April.

I spent Earth Day giving out reusable fabric bags at Surf Supermarket in Gualala, CA.  The market decided to save one million plastic bags by not using them any more for bagging groceries. Isn't that great!!!  There is a bill pending which would make single use plastic bags illegal in this county, but The Surf decided to just go ahead and do it independently.


Here is our group (I'm behind the camera!) displaying some bags and the very important "jazz hands."  We had 50 bags to give away, and they were gone in about an hour.  


These bags were all made by the Green Bag Lady, who kindly sent them to us to distribute.  Thank you, Green Bag Lady!


This photo shows a woman choosing her bag.  Such beautiful fabrics, and such a variety!  It was a hard choice for many people.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Yay! Thank you for posting this Jan. I'm so glad you are a Bagette! :)

    ReplyDelete