Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A Welcome Sight

I was walking down the sidewalk in San Francisco the other day, and happened to notice this little, unobtrusive sign.

"We Welcome Reusable Bags."

This sign really made my day! I abhor plastic bags, and the environmental damage they cause. Slowly, it seems, some places are making strides to reduce the use of plastic bags. Although sometimes I feel like clerks don't appreciate it when I bring my own bag. It's probably not as easy to fill as their standard bags.

But this small sign brightened my day. It was only about 4 or 5 inches square. I'd love to see more and more of them!

It was in the door of a Vietnamese restaurant/carry-out. The restaurant was closed at the time, which is why there are bars obstructing the view.

Remember to carry your reusable bags with you. If you need a pattern to make them, there are simple instructions at The Green Bag Lady.

2 comments:

  1. I think most of the shops around me welcome reusable bags, though I know I often forget to bring mine inside--oops! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that is awesome! I hope more places get those signs!!!!

    ReplyDelete