Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Practice Quilt Squares

In October I will be team-teaching a Beginning Quilting class for our guild. It will be a four-day class, held over two weeks. This is a class I took about 4 years ago. It was a great class, taught by two incredible women. Now one of them has moved away, and the other wants to hand off the teaching job to someone else. So I am going to team-teach this class with my friend Kalynn.

So I've been going over the notes from when I took the class, reading and tweaking. I decided to sew all the squares again, just to reacquaint myself with them, see what techniques are involved, and if I came across any problems.


Here is the Double Nine Patch.










Rail Fence...










Shoo Fly...










Diamond In A Square...










Ohio Star...














and Double X.


Yes, I did learn a few things, and no, I didn't sew them all perfectly the first time! I had a little bit of using the seam ripper before I was finished.



1 comment:

  1. Misses Stitches,

    Looking at these blocks I remember the beginners class all over again. It takes me back to the classroom with other people in attendance and working on their blocks. This was a hands-on experience and I learned a lot from it.

    ReplyDelete