Tuesday, July 20, 2010

New Reading

I've never before written about the books I'm reading, but I can assure you that I do know how to read! It seems that a lot of us quilters enjoy this pastime. At least we sure seem to pass around a lot of books in my quilting groups.

Well, I'm finally joining the ranks of the many who are reading or have read The Girl With theDragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson. I'm not the biggest fan of mysteries, but after I heard this book (these books) praised so much, I just have to give it a try. Only read a few pages so far.....




The last book I read (just finished) was The Sweet Life in Paris by David Liebovitz. It is about a San Francisco pastry chef who goes to live in Paris. It's quite a funny book, in which talks about his
problems (and the pleasures of) adjusting to French life, some of his faux pas with the language, and what not to ask someone whom you've just met.



After every chapter is a recipe or two for some fabulous-sounding dishes, not just desserts! I highly recommend it.








3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review! I have been thinking and thinking about reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo! Because of your post I decided to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll love it! Hang in there through the first 100 pages or so. Then you won't be able to put it down... And don't worry about all the people and place names in Swedish- they won't matter later on... His second book is even better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, I noticed you had this book on your reading list, too. Yes, the first bit is a little slow, but now it's really good. I'm kind of enjoying trying to pronounce the Swedish names, because I have a little "association" with Swedish.

    ReplyDelete