Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Asian-Style Wall Hanging

I got my wall hanging hung on the wall! Hooray!

It took quite a bit of wrangling, what with using hanging tabs, and using a different type of hanger, but I finally got it finished and hung up. (I'd previously given a sneak peak here.)

I bought the center panel a few years ago while I was at PIQF (Pacific International Quilt Festival) in Santa Clara, CA. Ever since, I've been thinking about what to do with it.

With the help of the great clerks at Britex Fabrics, I chose the borders: a small gold/white fabric for the inner border, and the luscious banded red for the outside.

+ + + + +

I'll show you some details now, the pretty little flowers (are they dogwoods?),


The woman in the scene,


. . .and the smaller figure,


. . .and here's a close-up of part of the hanger.


Now we have a much nicer view walking into the hall, instead of a blank wall.


The wall-hanging, by
the way, covers up a door opening in the wall
which houses the fusebox.


6 comments:

  1. Very nice! I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the flowers are cherry blossoms. Looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Harmony. Of course, they would be cherry blossoms, wouldn't they!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great hanger, where did you score that? Compliments your beautiful work so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comment, SisterStitches! I found the hanger at an import store in Santa Rosa. They had lots of different sizes.

    ReplyDelete