Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Wine Dyeing Experiment



I tried an experiment this evening.
I snitched a little wine from our evening meal, as I wanted to see how it would
color some fabric.


I poured the leftover wine into a
hard plastic container.

Then added some white fabric scraps. I chose
tone-on-tone fabrics, to see how the
different parts of the fabric would take to the "dye." Here are the fabrics I used,
in the "before" stage.


And here are the pieces of fabric in the wine. Maybe I'll go put Saran Wrap over the top. Not sure what difference that will make, but it might be better with all sealed in.

I'll let you know how it comes out.
(Do you like my wine-colored text!?!)

I know, some of you will think that this is a terrible waste of good wine (and it really was good!), but sometimes we have to sacrifice for our art. What can I say?

4 comments:

  1. It was a waste of good wine, however I can't wait to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, it was very nice(!!!) wine (hic!*!). But there were chunks and dregs at the bottom of the bottle. I can assure you, we got plenty of the wine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's only a waste of good wine when it's the last bottle. I'm curious to see how your fabric dying adventure turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree. And I hope to never see my last bottle of wine! Will be posting the results soon.

    ReplyDelete