Sunday, October 11, 2009

Hand Made Cards


I made a few cards last week. These aren't my absolute best, most creative ones, but still... You can click on any of the photos for a bigger view. For the top one I used some cool ribbon that I got at Papyrus in San Francisco.
I love how colorful it is--it goes with everything!

The above two are kind of ordinary--pretty paper, though.


Now, this photo should have been turned on its side (rookie mistake!)


DaughterStitches especially likes this type of card, with a tag/label that comes out of the card's pocket. You write the message on the tag/label. (I used some more of that cool ribbon!)

The card on the left I like a lot, but it was more work than it looks like. Cutting the squares and rectangles was ok, but then I had to carefully cut out the inside of each square and rectangle. But I like how it looks. I very precisely cut out each inside with a ruler and X-acto knife. I suppose I could have been a little less careful and just use a scissors. That would have made it easier. Maybe I'll try that next time.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Misses Stitches,

    How did you get started as a card maker? I think these cards are very pretty. I'd like to come up with new ideas for card making, it's an art, isn't it? I need especially birthday cards, you never have enough of those.

    MNE

    ReplyDelete